Sunday, April 10, 2011

A meal of my favorite ingredients.


Hey there bloggers! I know what you are thinking..two posts in one week, whaaat?! Well I have been cooking up a storm this weekend, and I felt I should share my food wealth :)

Last Friday, I was looking for something light to eat before coating my stomach with buttloads of alcohol. Oops. So, due to my food blog stalking abilities, I came across this awesome recipe with all of my favorite ingredients (my friend Caroline actually found the same recipe and made it the night before, so she was really my inspiration).

Pasta (ok, you had me at P) with asparagus and sundried tomatoes (my favorite veggies of all time). What could be better? Add a little Meyer lemon, and you have yourself a nice little meal.


What ya need:

*8 oz linguine pasta

*2 T extra virgin olive oil

*3 cloves garlic, minced

*1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it!)

*juice of two large meyer lemons to equal about 1/2 cup

*1 bunch asparagus, sliced

*1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes



*pinch of salt and pepper

*1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

*fresh parsley for serving

What ya do:

*Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done. When pasta is done, remove noodles with a slotted spoon, reserving boiling water. Blanch asparagus in water for thirty seconds, until bright green. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.

*Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute for thirty seconds. Remove from the heat. Add the pasta, sundried tomatoes and asparagus to the pan and toss everything together.

*Pour in the lemon juice along with additional cooking water if the dish seems too dry. Season with salt and pepper.

*Add the Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.

This dish was so tasty, and very light and easy.

Me and my partner in crime/sous chef.

Happy eating!

1 comment: