Sunday, April 3, 2011

Brunch and Friends


I know I am posting this late, but after those shrimp tacos and margaritas I was like "Holy hangover batman!" and needed a late Sunday brunch to indulge my headache and unsettled stomach. So what better than banana bread french toast?

I was inspired by this dish after going home with my friend Caroline for the night. She's from Barrington, Illinois...a super cute town with an AMAZING breakfast place called Egg Harbor. They made this decadent banana bread french toast, and after one bite I was in heaven. I knew I needed to try them.

So..after a night of margarita-induced intoxication, my friend Whitney and I baked this french toast in our "Walk of Shame" clothes from the night before. She's the best :)

Banana Bread French Toast

What ya need:
3 eggs
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1 loaf banana bread (I bought a fresh loaf from Breadsmith's in Wauwatosa...lazy I know. So sue me.)
confectioners' sugar for dusting (optional)


What ya do:

*In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla with a fork. Set aside.

*Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Slice banana bread into 4 thick slices. Dip each slice into the egg mixture, then place in the hot pan. Cook on each side until
golden brown.

*Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving, if desired.

Super delish. Not so good for you, but you have to have a balance right? Also I gotta get my sweets where I can. Lent will be the death of me. I believe I will gain 10 pounds the first week after Easter, due to eating three pints of Phish Food Ben & Jerry's in one week.

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment