Monday, March 28, 2011

Margarita Madness


Hello there bloggers!
So, I didn't end up going to Miami. BUT to celebrate my spring break and remind me of the warm weather that is hopefully on the way, I decided to make shrimp tacos and margaritas. Awesome Friday night.

Earlier in the afternoon, Steve and I ventured out and walked around downtown Wauwatosa, a suburb of Milwaukee. There is this awesome shop called "Oro" there, where you can sample different flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars! Super unique, I've never seen anything like it. So we went around sampling the different flavors, and I couldn't pry myself from this White Peach Balsamic. I felt this was a sign from God, that I should use it with my tacos! God can be very specific sometimes.

So I did use it in my marinade. It was super delish, and to make this post even better, I made up the recipe all by myself! To celebrate my originality, I've included some margarita pictures. Good old Jose...he can help you through a lot.

White Peach Shrimp Tacos

What ya need:
1 lb. of shrimp (de-tailed and de-veined)
2 avocados
2 tomatoes
1 onion
1 package of cilantro (chopped)
1 lime
1/4 cup White Peach Balsamic
Flour tortillas
Salt and pepper
Olive oil




What ya do:
*Thaw the shrimp by placing it in a colander and running cold water over it for five minutes. Place it in a zip lock bag, with the balsamic, cilantro and the juice of one lime. Shake it up, and let marinate for at least 1/2 hour in the fridge, if not longer.

*After the shrimp has marinated in the fridge, heat 1 tbl of olive oil in a sautee pan over medium heat. Chop up the onion, and sautee in the pan until lightly browned. Add the shrimp to the onion, and cook until shrimp is pink all over.
*While shrimp is cooking, chop up tomatoes and avocado to add to the tacos, and throw the tortillas in the oven to brown a bit. When the shrimp is done, make your tacos with the shrimp/onion mix, tomatoes, avocados and any other fixins' you would like. Enjoy! (hopefully with a strong margarita ).

This dish was truly awesome..super flavorful. The best part is, you can use many different flavors of balsamic..I was debating between the peach and the blackberry ginger. Try experimenting! Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment