Friday, March 4, 2011

Holy Meatloaf!




Ok...here is a secret. I HATE meatloaf. I really do. When I was growing up, I would rather eat my grandmother's stinky brussel sprouts (which I now love) rather than choke down that beefy loaf. I'm sure my eloquent descriptions are making you hungry. However, my Mom who is and has always been an amazing chef, made a meatloaf that "rearranged my mental furniture", as she likes to say.

So here it is! A meatloaf that is to die for, paired with the ever popular green bean casserole that is easy and delish.








Michaele's Meat Loaf
What ya need-
2 lbs hamburg chuck (85%) lean
1/3 cups chopped onions (you could be like me...cheat and use a food processor..it will give you more strength later for mixing everything together with your hands)
1/3 cups chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 eggs
1/3 cup bread crumbs
3-4 cloves minced garlic
chopped fresh parsley
BBQ sauce (or ketchup)
salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper




What ya do-
Mix all ingredients and form the loaf with your hands. This took a little elbow grease.
Place loaf in a loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray/PAM.
Coat top of meatloaf with BBQ sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until medium rare to medium..I would put it in for longer than an hour..when I first took mine out it wasn't cooked all the way. I blame Steve's stove and not my awesome skillz...



*Note: Not the most aesthetically pleasing dish. If entertaining, maybe choose something that looks more enticing.

Green Bean Casserole
*You can find this recipe on the back of any French's french fried onion can.

What ya need-
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 pkgs (9 oz each) frozen cut green beans, thawed...you can use canned as well!
1 1/3 cups French's Original french fried onions

What ya do-
Mix soup, milk and pepper in a baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cups french fried onions.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot.
Top with remaining fried onions and bake for 5 more minutes.




That's all for now! This weekend I'm thinking it's all about soups...or chicken curry! Feel free to post ideas and I'll be happy to oblige :) Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment