Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chicken parmesan burgers

Hello everyone!

So I just got back from Orlando, where I totally forgot to take pictures of the food, so that is really productive for this blog. HOWEVER, I did eat at Gloria Estefan's restaurant, Bongo! I think that's what it was called. There were many mojitos. Anyways, the cuban food was amazing. I got a churrasco salad, which is a grilled meat found in Latin countries. It was served with avocados and a chimichurri sauce (which I can never resist). It's like chimichurri? Don't need to read the rest of the menu. Just kidding, I read menus for fun.

I presented my Master's paper at APA, which was less like a presentation and more like, let's pin your poster on this bulletin board and people will walk by and ask questions that you will not know the answer to. But I learned a lot. Also, they had a pina colada hour. So that was worth the trip in and of itself. I also got to see a Cirque de Soleil show, which was hands down the coolest thing I've ever seen.  I spent the entire 2 hours with my mouth ajar. Also, I believe my blood pressure may have been at dangerously high levels with the heights and all. Overall, very cool. Not cool? Tequila with jalapeno. Be careful.


This week, I'm going to Minneapolis with my friend Caroline to visit my uncles. It's going to be a weekend full of food and drink, just like last summer, so be prepared to be overloaded with pictures. For now, here is two recipes that Steve and I made last week. The chicken parmesan burgers were from pinterest, although my Mom has a wonderful recipe as well. They were delicious and easy, smeezy.  Here is the recipe: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Chicken-Parm-Burger-Debi-Tschinkel

  

We made them on onion burgers, with a side dish from our food network magazine. P.S., the new one came out, and I have been talking about it all day everyday in a very obnoxious manner. The side dish was this Asian asparagus and mushroom delight. Here's the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/asian-asparagus-and-mushrooms-recipe/index.html


I've also been trying to bake like once a week, since Steve is so fat. Just kidding Steve, you are wasting away. I love you. My friend Laura and I baked these last week to surprise Steve and our friend Delara when they were on call, delivering babies and saving the world. They were cake batter blondies and they were amazingly easy, and only needed a few ingredients. Here they are: http://girlmeetslife.com/2010/12/cake-batter-blondies/.

I've also made an observation that going to the grocery store with Steve, results in many more things that I would ever care to purchase. Like cinnamon chips. I believe we went with the intention of buying green onions. Whoops. However, it was a good excuse to add some to a really good oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-raisin-cookies-i/. I added 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips, and they were pretty tasty.

I hope everyone is having a good week! For a new workout, I tried this circuit from pinterest. It was SUPPOSED to be three rounds that last 25 minutes. Um..I got through 2 rounds, and it took 30 minutes. Maybe next time Cate. Nice try. Here it is:

50 jumping jacks
20 squats (with weights)
20 jump squats
20 alternating lunges for each leg (with weights)
15 burpees (woof)
25 pushups
30 mountain climbers
50 crunches
60 second plank

I'll end with one last pic of the chicken burgers! Happy eating everyone :)




No comments:

Post a Comment