Sunday, October 7, 2012

Food and Stuff

Hey guyz.

I wish I could say that all these exciting things are happening in my life and in my kitchen, but that would be an exaggeration. So I'll just talk about how boring life has been.

Highlights:

1. Working on one stats assignment for 7 hours. It was the wrong assignment.

2. Eating lean cuisines on a Saturday night (yes, sometimes I eat lean cuisines, let's talk about it).

3. Watching old episodes of Parks and Recreation. Over and over. Endlessly.

4. Going to urgent care thinking I had a kidney infection. Pulled muscle.

5. Seeing Ingrid Michaelson in concert, picking apples with my love, fantastic food, and fabulous friends. Okay, so that one wasn't so boring/ironically evil like the others.

Let's talk about food...in a Parks and Recreation analogy. Sometimes I am loving Chris Traeger's views on food, but sometimes I just want to pick up some meat at Food and Stuff and have a lovely meal with Ron Swanson. So here is one recipe with meat and one without :)

Steve is quickly becoming more than a sous chef around here, especially with my late night clinic/class evenings. Also we have been breaking out the crockpot more often...so easy, and makes the apartment smell delicious all day.  So we (he) made crock pot honey sesame chicken! Served with brown rice and plenty of veggies, so relatively healthy and well balanced. I'm all about the balance, especially if it includes ice cream after dinner whaaaat? Who said that.


Here is the link: http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2012/08/crock-pot-honey-sesame-chicken.html

I kept this asian dish vibe going throughout the rest of the week, finishing with another noodle peanut type concoction. Really can't get enough of those. Soba noodles with spicy peanut sauce was almost as addicting as those crack-like peanut noodles I posted several months ago.


 is the link: http://cupcakesandkale.blogspot.com/2011/08/soba-noodles-with-spicy-peanut-sauce.html


So that's about it for now, folks. The rest of my night will be spent reading stats (like I'll ever understand that, come on Cate), watching Steve yell at the Yankees, and brainstorming Halloween ideas. My cute idea was Calvin and Hobbes...Steve's was himself as Frankenstein, and I the pitchfork wielding villager. Sigh.

Can't wait to share more boring/ironic things with you next time! Plus buffalo chicken soup and broccoli with spicy sriracha. Stay tuned.

Happy eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment