Oh hey there.
So I have been trying to fill up my boring life with pumpkin-y things. Here is an update of my life lately.
2. Eating butternut squash ravioli and drinking wine at Maggiano's.
3. Eating Vietnamese food and saying "Pho" a bunch of times in a row.
4. Hiding in our apartment for fear of a shooter (not funny at all, very sad) and then thinking it would be a good idea to watch Prometheus. At night. Lights off.
5. Making a pumpkin spice cake with chocolate pecan frosting...under-baking the cake part with my awesome baking skills, and then piece-mealing the cooked parts together to resemble a cake that a four-year old attempted, and then abandoned for a nap and a bottle (more on this later).
6. Eating (surprised?) amazing Colcannon cakes, which are a kind of fried potato (surprised!?!?!?!) patty, stuffed with kale and gruyere. Spending the rest of the day doubled over in glorious pain.
7. Delightful conversations with amazing friends.
8. Pretending I'm good at High Intensity Interval Training.
Do you see why I need the pumpkin?
Also, check out these two new favorites: www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/pumpkin-butter.html and http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/09/easy-pumpkin-spiced-granola.html. Pumpkin butter and pumpkin granola were the perfect combo when I tried to smush everything pumpkin into this one weekend. I've been eating oatmeal every morning, with 1/4 cup of the granola, and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin butter. For less than 300 calories, that's not a bad gig. Plus..tasty.
Cakes and other boring tidbits to come soon. Happy eating :)