Friday, May 24, 2013

Let's pretend this post isn't over 2 months late...

Oh hey there remember that time that I had a food blog that I tried to post in at least once a month?

That being said, this was the HARDEST SEMESTER EVA. I'm glad it is over so I can go back to posting pics of delishie food instead of writing up confusing SAS syntax for my statistics class.

A quick update over the last couple months...

We got a kitten (if you didn't know already by the bajillions of pictures I post all over the internet). His name is Ernie and he is the devil/the cutest.

 It was a million people's birthdays, and I actually had not one but TWO successful baking experiences! WHATTTT?!?! No way. Stay tuned for my next post, including the masterpiece.

I went to Denver with two of my besties. I ate amazing food (including an out-of-this-world macaroni and cheese burrito at a diners, drive-ins, and dives restaurant, featured below), drank beerfloats, and hiked with gorgeous views.



I'm currently on this new kick of making something really cool for lunch for the week.  Here's been my favorite so far: Thai quinoa salad.



This was so so yum. Textures galore, and peanut butter was involved. Need I say more? Plus, it made enough for a decent sized lunch for the majority of the week. Find the recipe here: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/crunchy-cashew-thai-quinoa-salad-with-ginger-peanut-dressing/#comment-5123

Now, to make up for being absent for a few months, I have some recipes saved up and will try to update much more frequently :) But, first I will leave you with our dinner from this evening: mini cheddar BBQ turkey meatloaf, wild mushroom rice pilaf, and roasted asparagus. It took less than 30 minutes tops.


I got the recipe for the meatloaf on pinterest (http://aggieskitchen.com/2013/04/29/mini-cheddar-bbq-turkey-meatloaf-muffins/). Steve took care of this part, and basically you just toss everything together and put everything into muffin tins! The rice pilaf was from the box (Near East) and the asparagus I roasted for ten minutes with some olive oil, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt at 375 degrees.


Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment